Below is a transcript of Donald Trump’s Twitter feed as he watched “Star Trek Beyond” at a recent screening.
- This is going to be one of the all-time best movie reviews. I have the best words.
- The Bad Robot logo is one of the worst logos in all of Hollywood. Total disaster from JJ Abrams. I always hire the best graphic designers.
- Stupid Jim Kirk STILL in charge of Enterprise. After what happened 3 yrs ago in San Fran he should’ve been tried for treason! Unbelievable!
- Kirk went against the military’s brave Admiral Marcus and instead sided with a terrorist and thousands died b/c of it. #LockKirkUp
Someone sent me a link to this earlier today.
A few thoughts:
1) Wow. Just wow.
2) By nerds, for nerds. Only.
3) As someone who runs a Star Trek review site — even if I don’t spend the kind of time running it as I once did — I am not in a position to question the amount of time (1,000 hours!) spent to create this, even though I really sort of want to.
4) Talk about taking a concept, committing to it, and going as far as you possibly can.
5) One wonders what the creator could possibly get out of this, beyond the just-because of doing a conceptual meta-art piece. Perhaps it’s the most long-view-taken hoped-for viral self-marketing campaign ever conceived. After all, I’d have never heard of the guy had he not made this.
An FDA proposal set to be put into effect in 2011 will apparently require tobacco companies to put large new warnings on their products. These warnings will take up a full 50 percent of the packaging on a pack of cigarettes, according to the proposal on the FDA website.
Now, I know that smoking and the negative health effects related to it are not a laughing matter.
Except in this case. (Read more…)
I’ve not set aside much time to write lately. I’ve just been so busy this summer, and my approaching wedding is in three weeks. (Hell, this may very well be my final blog post as a single man.)
But I thought I would share this, since it would be quick to post and is just so absolutely insane.
After a week in which a publicity-starved d-bag held the American news cycle hostage (which is so easily distracted by crazy yahoos for the sake of entertainment value and shallow “debate” based on polarizing controversy — see this post for a perfect reading of the situation) because he threatened to set a bunch of Korans ablaze, the video below shouldn’t surprise me one bit. (Read more…)
I do my best not to bring the divisiveness of politics onto this blog, but this is just too nutjob-crazy (*) to ignore. And hilarious.
* Of course, nutjob-crazy is probably in reality a misnomer. These things are probably so cynically calculated as to appear nutjob-crazy simply for the purposes of going viral and being posted on a blog that otherwise would never have even heard of Rick Barber. So, I suppose: Rick Barber 1, Jammer 0.
This is almost as hilarious as that instant-classic Demon Sheep spot. Not quite, though, because honestly nothing could ever be that awesome.
Gather. Your. Armies. [TM] And remember: No amount of excessive, over-the-top hyperbolic bluster is ever too much!